If you have a P1 provisional licence you can be fined, get demerit points or lose your licence if you:
- drive more than 10km/h over the speed limit
- drive faster than 100km/h, even if the speed limit is more than that
- get more than 4 demerit points
- drive after drinking alcohol or taking drugs
- drive without P plates
- drive any vehicle other than the type of vehicle listed on your permit
- drive a high-powered vehicle if you are under 25 and don't have an exemption
- use a mobile phone of any kind, including hands-free, while driving
- drive without your P1 licence with you.
If you're under 25 and you don't have a qualified
at supervising driver next to you:
- you can't drive between midnight and 5am
- you can't have more than one passenger aged 16 to 20 unless they are immediate family members.