If you're having car trouble
Follow these guidelines if your car breaks down:
- Pull off the road and turn on your hazard lights.
- Make sure you’re not in any danger. Stay at the scene, but move well away from your car if there is any chance of it being hit by another vehicle.
- If you're not able to fix the problem yourself, call for help from a friend or from a roadside assistance service operating in your area.
- Make sure you can be seen. Turn on your hazard lights. Turn on your parking lights in poor light, or raise your bonnet.
- Keep a big spare bottle of clean water in your car – this will be helpful in emergencies if it's hot and you need a drink, or if you need to put water in your radiator to make it to the next town.