Driving in rain, fog, snow or bright sunlight
can be difficult.
- Slow down. You’ll have more time if something goes wrong.
- In thick fog, heavy rain and blinding sunlight, drive slowly enough to always know what’s ahead.
- Don't overtake if you're not sure the road ahead is clear.
- Drive slowly if there's ice on the road. Brake gently, and don't leave it until the last moment.
- Turn on your headlights - even in light rain - to help you see and be seen.
- In cold weather, turn on your front and rear demisters to keep your windows clear.
- Leave a bigger gap than normal between you and the car in front. You need more time to stop in bad weather.
- In very bad weather, pull over and take a break.