If you have a learner’s permit, a qualified
supervising driver must be sitting next to you whenever you drive.
This can be a qualified driving instructor,
or a family member or friend who:
- has a current full driver's licence with no conditions, and
- has not been disqualified from driving in the last 2 years.
A qualified supervising driver will:
- show you how to operate your car
- help you understand the road rules
- check your progress and give you advice
- sign your learner driver logbook every time you drive.