Golden Grove Road Upgrade
In November 2017, the South Australian government announced the upgrade of the 3.4 kilometre section of Golden Grove Road between One Tree Hill Road and Park Lake Drive.
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) has developed a concept design for the project that includes:
- a new roundabout at the junction of Golden Grove Road and Hancock Road;
- additional lanes at the intersection of Golden Grove Road, The Grove Way and Yatala Vale Road;
- protected right turn lanes at most unsignalised junctions;
- on-road bike lanes in each direction;
- improved pedestrian facilities including new footpath and pedestrian crossing facilities; and
- indented bus bays.
The project will also include kerbing, guttering, drainage, targeted road resurfacing, as well as new and upgraded road lighting.
Preliminary construction works are scheduled to commence in first half of 2019 and all construction works are expected to be completed by mid 2020.