- Darlington Transport Study
- North-south Corridor
- Northern Connector
- Road Management Plans
- Southern Expressway
- Gawler East Link Road Project
- Main South Road Duplication
- Fullarton Road Upgrade – Magill Road to Beulah Road
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- Onkaparinga Valley Road / Woodside Road Roundabout
- Regional Road Projects
- South Eastern Freeway - Managed Motorway Measures
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- Hahndorf Traffic Study
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Cross Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Glen Osmond Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Victor Harbor Road Duplication
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Kroemer Crossing Upgrade
- Main North Road, Kings and McIntyre Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study
- Port Road, West Lakes Boulevard and Cheltenham Parade intersection upgrade
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- Torrens Street and Crozier Road Roundabout
- Thomas Foods International access
- Birkenhead Bridge
- North East Road & South Para Road Junction Upgrade
- Park Terrace, Robe Terrace, Walkerville Terrace and Mann Road Intersection Upgrade
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- Safety Upgrades on Eight Country Roads
Golden Grove Road Upgrade
The South Australian Government is upgrading the 3.4 kilometre section of Golden Grove Road between One Tree Hill Road and Park Lake Drive.
The Golden Grove Road Upgrade Project will be delivered in two stages:
Stage One – One Tree Hill Road to the north side (Kunzea Way) of the signalised intersection of Golden Grove Road/The Grove Way/Yatala Vale Road.
Stage Two – Park Lake Drive to the north side of the signalised intersection of Golden Grove Road/The Grove Way/Yatala Vale Road.
Main construction works for Stage One started in December 2019, and are expected to be completed late 2020, weather permitting. The Stage One works are being undertaken by South Australian based company, Civil & Allied Technical Construction Pty Ltd.
The South Australian Government committed $20 million towards delivering Stage One which includes:
- Roundabout at the junction of Golden Grove Road and Hancock Road;
- Sheltered right turn lanes at most un-signalised junctions;
- Indented bus bays;
- On-road bike lanes in each direction;
- Improved pedestrian facilities including new footpath (on western side) and pedestrian crossing facilities;
- Kerb, gutter and drainage;
- Targeted road resurfacing; and
- New and upgraded road lighting.
Stage One is supporting around 65 full time equivalent jobs over the life of the project.
Impacts to vegetation removal have been assessed throughout the design development process and alternative options were considered and adopted, where feasible, to minimise impacts on regulated and significant trees, and other vegetation. For more information, refer to the Vegetation Fact Sheet.
On 22 October 2020, the South Australian Government announced a $30 million commitment to deliver both Stage Two of the Golden Grove Road Upgrade Project and key intersection upgrades at Grenfell Road/Golden Grove Road, Milne Road/Golden Grove Road and North East Road/Modbury Avenue/Golden Grove Road.
Stage Two works will include:
- Golden Grove Road/The Grove Way/ Yatala Vale Road signalised intersection upgrade with:
- Second right turn lane from The Grove Way approach;
- Second through lanes on Golden Grove Road approaches;
- Protected right turn lane at Highgrove Road junction;
- On-road bike lanes in each direction;
- Kerb and gutter, drainage, road resurfacing, as well as new and upgraded road lighting;
- Improved pedestrian facilities including new footpath and pedestrian crossing facilities; and
- Indented bus bays.
Stage Two will support around 70 full time equivalent jobs per year over the life of the project with early investigation works underway.
The Golden Grove Road Upgrade project team is working in collaboration with the City of Tea Tree Gully to deliver local government infrastructure, including footpaths, as part of this project.
To ask a question, provide feedback or register for project updates please see contact the project team via:
Phone: 1300 794 880
Concept Images (click to enlarge)
DIT Covid-19 response
The Department will continue to tailor community engagement opportunities in line with the latest COVID-19 advice from health authorities.
Face-to-face engagement opportunities may be restricted and we will continue to be guided by the advice of health authorities, with the health and safety of our stakeholders always our highest priority.
Engagement with community and industry is crucial and we will facilitate information sessions as much as possible to enable face to face engagement. It is important to assist in managing these events that you register as requested to enable physical distancing as much as possible.