Changes to council boundaries
Proposals for council boundary changes can be initiated by two or more councils or members of the public. The procedures for council boundary changes are set out in the Local Government Act 1999 (Chapter 3, Part 2), which can be accessed via the South Australian Legislation website.
Guidelines for preparing a proposal - current process
- Guidelines - General Information (PDF 26.5 KB)
- Guidelines - Public initiated submissions (PDF 75.8 KB)
- Public initiated submission declaration forms (PDF 19.1 KB)
- Guidelines - Council response to a public initiated submission to alter the external boundaries of a council or its composition or representative structure (PDF 24.7 KB)
- Requirements for Council initiated proposals for boundary adjustment (PDF 24.0 KB)