- Main South Road Upgrade - Old Coach Road To Malpas Road
- Darlington Transport Study
- McLaren Vale Overpass
- North-south Corridor
- Northern Connector
- South Road Superway
- Southern Expressway Duplication
- Road Management Plans
- Southern Expressway
- Adelaide to Melbourne Road Corridor
- Main North Road Realignment via Anama Lane
- Main North Road/ Tiver Road/ Gordon Road Intersection Upgrade
- Gawler East Link Road Project
- Main South Road RMP
- Main South Road Duplication
- North East Road and Sudholz Road Safety Improvements
- Greenhill Road Median Safety Improvements
- Penola Northern Bypass Project
- Fullarton Road Upgrade – Magill Road to Beulah Road
- Park Tce/Fitzroy Tce/Torrens Rd Upgrade
- Transverse Line Marking - Cudlee Creek
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- Humbug Scrub Roundabout
- Main North Road Median Upgrade - George McCullum Road and Curtis Road
- Onkaparinga Valley Road / Woodside Road Roundabout
- Regional Road Projects
- South Eastern Freeway - Managed Motorway Measures
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- Lobethal Freight Access Upgrade
- Blackwood Roundabout Upgrade Project
- Marion Road Planning Study
- Hahndorf Traffic Study
- Streets for People: Hart Street
- Fosters Road Painted Median Scheme
- Port Road, Queenstown bike lanes
- Greenhill Road and Portrush Road intersection safety upgrade
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Regional Bridges Project
- Main North Road/Dalkeith Road Intersection Upgrade
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Signalisation of Bridge Road and Maxwell Road, Pooraka
- Regency Road and Churchill Road, Prospect, Intersection Upgrade
- O.G. Road and Payneham Road Junction Upgrade
- Findon Road Painted Median Scheme
- Fullarton Road and Cross Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Arthur Road
- Glen Osmond and Fullarton Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Victor Harbor Road Duplication
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Main South Road, Candy Road and Lander Road Intersection Upgrade
- Kroemer Crossing Upgrade
- O G Road and Turner Street Junction Upgrade
- Main North Road, Kings and McIntyre Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study
- Port Road, West Lakes Boulevard and Cheltenham Parade intersection upgrade
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- Gawler Street Pedestrian Crossing, Nuriootpa
- Torrens Street and Crozier Road Roundabout
- Thomas Foods International access
- Blythewood Road Pedestrian Crossing and Painted Median Project
- Birkenhead Bridge
- Naracoorte Roundabout Upgrades
- North East Road & South Para Road Junction Upgrade
- Park Terrace, Robe Terrace, Walkerville Terrace and Mann Road Intersection Upgrade
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- Safety Upgrades on Eight Country Roads
Victor Harbor Road Duplication
About the project
The Australian Government has announced $73.6 million in funding for the duplication of Victor Harbor Road, between Main South Road and Main Road, McLaren Vale. In addition, the South Australian Government has committed $18.4 million to the project, bringing the total project funding to $92 million.
The McLaren Vale region and outer southern suburbs have seen notable growth in recent years and caters to significant tourism activity primarily related to the iconic wine region and associated viticulture and agriculture industries.
Approximately 23,000 vehicles use the road each day, including 7% commercial vehicles. Traffic has grown by an approximate annual average of 3% since 2011 and is expected to increase. From 2014 until 2018, inclusive, there were 22 casualty crashes.
Traffic volumes and crash history between Main South Road and Main Road, McLaren Vale has reached a point where duplication of the road to dual carriageway is necessary to alleviate traffic delays and safety issues.
The duplication will:
- improve travel times
- improve safety
- accommodate future growth
- improve economic productivity.
Major works are planned to start in 2021/22.
DPTI COVID-19 Response
To help safeguard the DPTI project team and the community, we have implemented measures to manage the risks of, and our response to, contracting COVID-19.
These include but are not limited to, increased personal hygiene practices and limiting face-to-face contact.
The project team will provide construction updates and work notifications via social media, letterbox drops, emails and the Project website. We are also available to speak via telephone (1300 794 880).
We encourage the community to register for email updates.
There will be no planned community events or information sessions until further notice.
We have received valuable feedback from community and business owners from the surveys and information sessions held in December last year. This feedback has been provided to our engineering and design consultants for consideration as the preferred concept is developed.
Investigation works to inform the development of a design will commence later this month which includes;
-Collection of topographical data by an aerial drone, utilising light detection and ranging (lidar), flying parallel to the road corridor to minimise distraction to drivers. The drone will avoid flying over private residences.
-Location of underground services utilising targeted pot holing methods.
- Geotechnical drilling, and
-Flora and fauna assessments along the road corridor.
If access is required to any property, we will contact residents or business owners to obtain their permission.
Once these investigations have been completed and a preferred concept design has been determined, provide information about the outcomes of the study and the preferred design.
If you have any further enquiries or would like to register your interest in the project to receive updates, please:
- visit the Registration, Feedback and Suggestion page
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone 1300 794 880, or
- write to GPO Box 1533, Adelaide SA 5001.