Regional Bridges Project
The $40 million Australian Government and State Government funded Regional Bridges Upgrade Program will improve road safety and increase freight efficiency by upgrading a number of bridges across South Australia’s regional road network at various locations in the Mid-North, Riverland, Clare Valley, Adelaide Hills and Barossa Valley.
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) has undertaken works to replace, strengthen and/or widen selected bridge structures, which will help accommodate the use of larger vehicle classifications. In conjunction with the implementation of a range of localised road widening and junction upgrade works, this will help achieve the strategic objectives of improved safety, productivity and efficiency in the transports of goods via heavy vehicles.
PROJECTS INCORPORATED IN THE PROGRAM ARE:
Mid North - Rocky River Bridge widening:
Works on the Rocky River Bridge on the Augusta Highway near Crystal Brook are now complete and included bridge widening, installation of new guard rails and bridge barriers and road shoulder widening works.
Clare Valley bridges replacement:
- Skillies Bridge widening (Project complete)
- Farrell Flat Bridge and Road Culvert replacement (Project complete)
Barossa Valley bridges replacement:
- Altona Bridge replacement
- Lyndoch Bridge replacement (Project complete)
- Stott Highway Bridge replacement (Project complete)
Adelaide Hills - Inverbrackie Bridge and intersection upgrade:
Works are now complete and included the replacement of the existing bridge and an upgrade of the intersection of Onkaparinga Valley and River View Roads.
Sturt Highway and Riverland bridges upgrade:
Works have included widening of the bridges and the widening of the existing pedestrian pavements. Bridges are located along the Sturt Highway between Kingston On Murray and Renmark as follows:
- Bookmark Creek Bridges (Project complete)
- Salt Creek Bridge (Project complete)
- Kingston Bridge (Project complete)
- River Murray Flood Plains bridges 1-2 (Project complete)
- River Murray Flood Plains bridges 3 - 4 (Project complete)
For more information please contact DPTI:
Phone: 1300 282 933