O.G. Road / Payneham Road, Felixstow, Intersection Upgrade
About the Project
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) is upgrading the junction of Payneham Road and O.G. Road, Felixstow. This $4.2 million State Government funded project will improve road safety, traffic efficiency and access for cyclists at this location by making the following improvements:
- Provision of an additional right turn lane from Payneham Road to O.G. Road
- Widening of the left turn lane from Payneham Road to O.G. Road
- Extension and widening of the left turn lane from O.G. Road to Payneham Road
- Widening of Payneham Road
- Service relocations
- Installation of new traffic signal infrastructure
- New road lighting
- Provision of new bicycle lanes
- Installation of new medians and pedestrian islands.
Project Time Frame
The junction upgrade works are scheduled to commence in July 2019 and will mostly occur during the night between 7pm and 7am to minimise impacts on road users and pedestrians. Construction will take approximately three months, with completion of all works expected by the end of November 2019, weather permitting.
Community Information Sessions
For further information on the junction upgrade, we invite you to attend a Community Information Session to meet the project team and ask any questions you might have.
Session 1: Thursday 9 May, any time between 5pm and 8pm
Session 2: Saturday 11 May, any time between 11am and 2pm
Venue: Marden Court Shopping Centre (top of the travellator), 1 Lower Portrush Road, Marden
P: 1300 794 880