- Darlington Transport Study
- North-south Corridor
- Northern Connector
- South Road Superway
- Southern Expressway Duplication
- Road Management Plans
- Southern Expressway
- Adelaide to Melbourne Road Corridor
- Main North Road Realignment via Anama Lane
- Gawler East Link Road Project
- Main South Road RMP
- Main South Road Duplication
- North East Road and Sudholz Road Safety Improvements
- Greenhill Road Median Safety Improvements
- Penola Northern Bypass Project
- Fullarton Road Upgrade – Magill Road to Beulah Road
- Park Tce/Fitzroy Tce/Torrens Rd Upgrade
- Transverse Line Marking - Cudlee Creek
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- Humbug Scrub Roundabout
- Main North Road Median Upgrade - George McCullum Road and Curtis Road
- Onkaparinga Valley Road / Woodside Road Roundabout
- Regional Road Projects
- South Eastern Freeway - Managed Motorway Measures
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- Lobethal Freight Access Upgrade
- Marion Road Planning Study
- Hahndorf Traffic Study
- Streets for People: Hart Street
- Fosters Road Painted Median Scheme
- Port Road, Queenstown bike lanes
- Greenhill Road and Portrush Road intersection safety upgrade
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Regional Bridges Project
- Main North Road/Dalkeith Road Intersection Upgrade
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Signalisation of Bridge Road and Maxwell Road, Pooraka
- Regency Road and Churchill Road, Prospect, Intersection Upgrade
- O.G. Road and Payneham Road Junction Upgrade
- Findon Road Painted Median Scheme
- Fullarton Road and Cross Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Arthur Road
- Glen Osmond and Fullarton Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Victor Harbor Road Duplication
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Main South Road, Candy Road and Lander Road Intersection Upgrade
- Kroemer Crossing Upgrade
- O G Road and Turner Street Junction Upgrade
- Main North Road, Kings and McIntyre Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study
- Port Road, West Lakes Boulevard and Cheltenham Parade intersection upgrade
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- Gawler Street Pedestrian Crossing, Nuriootpa
- Torrens Street and Crozier Road Roundabout
- Thomas Foods International access
- Blythewood Road Pedestrian Crossing and Painted Median Project
- Birkenhead Bridge
- Naracoorte Roundabout Upgrades
- North East Road & South Para Road Junction Upgrade
- Park Terrace, Robe Terrace, Walkerville Terrace and Mann Road Intersection Upgrade
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- Safety Upgrades on Eight Country Roads
Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
The Australian and South Australian Governments have committed $200 million ($160 million from the Australian Government and $40 million from the South Australian Government) for the Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication Project.
The Joy Baluch AM Bridge is an important link in the National Land Transport Network at Port Augusta, providing access across the Spencer Gulf for commuter, commercial and freight vehicles in the northern region of South Australia. It is also a key tourist connection to the Eyre Peninsula, northern South Australia and beyond.
Preliminary planning work has been completed and detailed concept planning work is now underway, which will include further consultation.
The duplication of the bridge will improve road safety and efficiency for all users, improve freight productivity and importantly improve the resilience of this critical road link.
It will also address the current bridge speed restrictions and safety for people walking or cycling across the bridge.
Read the latest Project Update here.
The PW2PA Alliance project team is holding a Community Information Session where you can meet members of the team, see the latest Joy Baluch AM Bridge concept design, provide feedback and find out ways you can get involved.
Where: Institute Theatre, 52 Commerical Road, Port Augusta
When: Thursday, 30 July, from 3pm-7pm
All members of the public are welcome. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encourage to attend.
To ensure COVID-19 physical distancing requirements are met, attendees must register prior to attending the information session.
To register please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 161 407.
The Port Wakefield to Port Augusta Alliance (PW2PA) a consortium of CPB Contractors Pty Ltd, Aurecon Pty Ltd and GHD Pty Ltd, and DPTI continue to work on the Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication and Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication projects, with design works progressing.
A dedicated PW2PA website is being created to provide up-to-date information on the design, construction activities and the progress of works for both projects. The website will also have information for individuals seeking employment and for businesses wanting to register an interest in the projects. Community members will also be able to contact the project team via an Alliance specific enquiries phone line and email address.These details will be publicised when they are available, which is expected in June 2020.
In the meantime, for all project related enquiries please continue to call DPTI on 1300 794 880 or email DPTI.CommunityRelations@sa.gov.au.
DPTI COVID-19 Response
The Department will continue to tailor community engagement opportunities in line with the latest COVID-19 advice from health authorities.
Face-to-face engagement opportunities may be restricted and we will continue to be guided by the advice of health authorities, with the health and safety of our stakeholders always our highest priority.
Engagement with community and industry is crucial and we will facilitate information sessions as much as possible to enable face to face engagement. It is important to assist in managing these events that you register as requested to enable physical distancing as much as possible.
We encourage the community to register for email updates.
The Australian and South Australian Governments have announced the successful tenderer for the major works contract to form the Port Wakefield to Port Augusta Alliance.
A consortium of CPB Contractors Pty Ltd, Aurecon Pty Ltd and GHD Pty Ltd will design and construct the Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication and Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication works.
Project time frames
Major construction for the project is expected to commence in the second half of 2020, with completion expected in 2022, weather permitting.
$200 million ($160 million from the Australian Government and $40 million from the South Australian Government).
P: 1300 794 880