Signalisation of Bridge Road and Maxwell Road, Pooraka
About the Project
The Bridge Road and Maxwell Road Intersection Upgrade project will improve safety at the intersection by making the following improvements:
- signalisation of the existing junction at Bridge Road and Maxwell Road (west)
- extension and duplication of the right turn lane from Bridge Road to Maxwell Road
- extension and duplication of the right turn lane from Maxwell Road (west) to Bridge Road
- extension of the existing left-turn lanes from Bridge Road to Maxwell Road and from Maxwell Road to Bridge Road
- upgrade of street lighting at the new signalised intersection and new u-turn facility
- provision of bicycle lanes through the intersection on all approaches
- full indentation of bus Stop 39 on the western side of Bridge Road
- banning of right turns out of Maxwell Road (east) and the provision of a replacement u-turn facility on Bridge Road
- resurfacing of Bridge Road between Beovich Road and Kesters Road
In addition to the new signalised intersection, road resurfacing will be undertaken on an approximately 2.9km length of Bridge Road between Beovich Road and Kesters Road.
The works are expected to be completed by the end of July 2019, weather permitting.
Project Time Frame
Intersection upgrade works have commenced and resurfacing works are scheduled to start in May 2019. The works will involve a combination of both day and night works.
Works will generally start on Sunday evening and finish on Saturday morning of each week. No works will occur on Saturday nights.
Road resurfacing works will be undertaken at night (between 7pm and 6am) and will occur on the section of Bridge Road between Beovich Road and Kesters Road. It is estimated that the road resurfacing will be completed within five weeks from its commencement date.
P: 1300 794 880