Signalisation of Bridge Road and Maxwell Road, Pooraka
About the Project
The Bridge Road and Maxwell Road Intersection Upgrade project has improved safety at the intersection by making the following improvements:
- signalisation of the existing junction at Bridge Road and Maxwell Road (west)
- extension and duplication of the right turn lane from Bridge Road to Maxwell Road
- extension and duplication of the right turn lane from Maxwell Road (west) to Bridge Road
- extension of the existing left-turn lanes from Bridge Road to Maxwell Road and from Maxwell Road to Bridge Road
- upgrade of street lighting at the new signalised intersection and new u-turn facility
- provision of bicycle lanes through the intersection on all approaches
- full indentation of bus Stop 39 on the western side of Bridge Road
- banning of right turns out of Maxwell Road (east) and the provision of a replacement u-turn facility on Bridge Road
- resurfacing of Bridge Road between Beovich Road and Kesters Road
In addition to the new signalised intersection, road resurfacing was undertaken on an approximately 2.9km length of Bridge Road between Beovich Road and Kesters Road.
The works were completed in 2019.
DPTI COVID-19 Response
To help safeguard the DPTI project team and the community, we have implemented measures to manage the risks of, and our response to, contracting COVID-19.
These include but are not limited to, increased hygiene practices and limiting face-to-face contact.
The project team will provide construction updates and work notifications via social media, letterbox drops, emails and the Project website. We are also available to speak via telephone (1300 794 880).
We encourage the community to register for email updates.
There will be no planned community events or information sessions until further notice.
P: 1300 794 880