Aldinga Payinthi College Intersection Upgrade
About the project
The Department for Infrastructure and Transport (the Department) is delivering local road improvements to support the construction of the new Aldinga Payinthi College at Aldinga. This upgrade is funded by the South Australian Government and will improve the safety and efficiency for all road users near the College.
Key local upgrades near Aldinga Payinthi College will include:
- a new roundabout at the intersection of Quinliven, How and Bowering Hill roads in Aldinga;
- new Shared Use Paths and upgraded pedestrian facilities, including three dedicated pedestrian refuges as part of the new roundabout;
- relocation of the existing koala crossing 80 metres east on Quinliven Road;
- new and upgraded LED lighting for the extent of the works;
- new line marking and drainage; and
- pavement construction and surfacing and new median and kerb.
The construction of the new roundabout is almost complete with the final layer of asphalt, road line marking, fencing and signage underway. Project completion is expected in time for the 2022 school year.
To minimise impacts to road users and the community, the final asphalt works will be undertaken at night on Thursday, 28 October and Friday, 29 October 2021, from 6pm to 6am, weather permitting.
To safely undertake this work, the Quinliven Road, How Road and Bowering Hill Road intersection will be temporarily closed during these night works.
For further information download a copy of the latest works notification
Project completion is expected in late 2021, weather permitting.
Day works will continue from Monday to Saturday between 7am and 6pm. The intersection will remain open during day works with speed and lane restrictions in place.
To find out more about the project or register for future updates, please contact the project team at the following:
- Email DIT.CommunityRelations@sa.gov.au
- Call 1300 794 880
For further information about Aldinga Payinthi College visit: www.education.sa.gov.au/AldingaPayinthi