Interchanges and junctions
Interchanges and Junctions
Existing interchanges are being modified to create new on and off ramps for the two-way expressway at:
- Main South Road, Darlington
- Marion Road, Sturt
- Panalatinga Road / Main South Road, Reynella
- Sherriffs Road, Reynella
- Beach Road, Noarlunga
- Main South Road, Old Noarlunga
While the interchanges remain open for access to the existing expressway in peak periods, lane and speed restrictions will be in place.
At the completion of the project, all existing access to and from the expressway will be maintained at each interchange as follows:
- southbound on and northbound off (signalised) at South Road, Darlington
- southbound on and northbound off at Marion Road
- southbound off and northbound on at Panalatinga
- all movements at Sherriffs Road and Beach Road
- southbound off and northbound on (signalised) at Main South Road, Old Noarlunga.
Please see the links below of each individual interchange and junction for details about access to the expressway once the project is complete.
Main South Road, Bedford Park [3.7 MB] will maintain a signalised junction with turn lanes for city-bound traffic onto Main South Road and south-bound traffic onto the expressway. This is an interim solution until the Darlington Transport Study determines the preferred option for the final grade separated interchange. Traffic lights linking the expressway and Main South Road will remain the same at completion of the duplication project.
Marion Road, Sturt interchange [3.8 MB] will provide a ramp, lanes and turns to facilitate access to the expressway and coordinate traffic at Marion and Main South roads.
Main South Road, Reynella interchange [3.39 MB] will provide ramps and lanes to facilitate access to the expressway from Panalatinga and Main South roads, including bus priority access and shared-use path connection as part of the Coast to Vines Trail.
At Panalatinga Road / Main South Road, Reynella the bus stops on Panalatinga Road near the interchange will be relocated on the western and eastern side. This will provide improved pedestrian links from the Panalatinga Park and Ride to the nearby bus stops.
Sherriffs Road, Morphett Vale interchange [3.15 MB] will provide off and on ramps to provide city-bound and south-bound expressway access.
Beach Road interchange [3.23 MB] will provide on and off ramps for both south-bound and north-bound connections to the expressway.
Main South Road, Old Noarlunga [3.5 MB] will provide a signalised junction with turn lanes to access the city-bound expressway and Main South Road.
- Seacombe Road - April 2013 [3.1 MB]
- Majors Road - April 2013 [3.2 MB]
- Lander Road - April 2013 [2.9 MB]
- Young Street bridge - April 2013 [2.9 MB]
- Moore Road - April 2013 [3 MB]
- O'Sullivan Beach Road bridge - April 2013 [3.5 MB]
- Flaxmill Road - April 2013 [2.9 MB]
- Elizabeth Road bridge - April 2013 [3.3 MB]
- Honeypot Road - April 2013 [3 MB]