New Tonsley Station
The recently announced new Tonsley Railway Station will form part of the $141 million Flinders Link Project. The new Tonsley Railway Station will be located just south of Alawoona Avenue.
The scope of works for the new Tonsley Station project includes:
- Construction of a new single platform, 160m long on the eastern side of the railway line.
- Installation of seating, shelters, lighting, CCTV and passenger information for the new station.
- Replacement of the existing passive pedestrian rail level crossing at the level crossing (north side of Alawoona Avenue), with an active pedestrian rail level crossing.
- Construction of a new active pedestrian rail level crossing on the south side of Alawoona Avenue, at the northern end of the platform.
- Construction of a new active pedestrian rail level crossing south of the platform aligning with Handley Avenue.
- Construction of access paths to and from the platform.
- Decommissioning of existing Clovelly Park station (north of Alawoona Avenue).
- Modification of signalling infrastructure.
In February 2019, the department in conjunction with Square Holes, undertook a review of the Tonsley Line. To view a copy of the report, please click here.
In June 2019, an independent community consultation process was then undertaken by Gould Thorpe Planning. To view a copy of the report, please click here.