- Park Terrace, Robe Terrace, Walkerville Terrace and Mann Road Intersection Upgrade
- State Aquatic Centre and GP Plus Health Care Centre
- Adelaide Convention Centre
- Adelaide Crafers Highway
- Bakewell Underpass
- Gawler Rail Revitalisation
- Belair Line Renewal
- Darlington Upgrade Project
- Mawson Connector
- Northern Expressway
- Port Adelaide Viaduct Upgrade
- Port River Expressway
- Sturt Highway Upgrade
- Tramline Extension - City West to Adelaide Entertainment Centre
- Tramline Extension - Victoria Square to City West
- Victor Harbor Road / Main South Road Junction
- Riverbank Bridge
- Bald Hills Road Interchange
- Humbug Scrub Roundabout
- Port Road, Queenstown bike lanes
- Penola Northern Bypass Project
- Lobethal Freight Access Upgrade
- Main South Road, Candy Road and Lander Road Intersection Upgrade
- Streets for People: Hart Street
- Regional Bridges Project
- Greenhill Road Median Safety Improvements
- Greenhill Road and Portrush Road intersection safety upgrade
- Main North Road Realignment via Anama Lane
- Park Tce/Fitzroy Tce/Torrens Rd Upgrade
- Findon Road Painted Median Scheme
- Transverse Line Marking - Cudlee Creek
- Marion Road Planning Study
- Blythewood Road Pedestrian Crossing and Painted Median Project
- Naracoorte Roundabout Upgrades
- O G Road and Turner Street Junction Upgrade
- Arthur Road
- Fosters Road Painted Median Scheme
- Main North Road/Dalkeith Road Intersection Upgrade
- Gawler Street Pedestrian Crossing, Nuriootpa
- O.G. Road and Payneham Road Junction Upgrade
- Signalisation of Bridge Road and Maxwell Road, Pooraka
- Regency Road and Churchill Road, Prospect, Intersection Upgrade
- North East Road and Sudholz Road Safety Improvements
- Main North Road Median Upgrade - George McCullum Road and Curtis Road
- Kroemer Crossing Upgrade
- Southern Expressway
- Torrens Street and Crozier Road Roundabout
- Port Road, West Lakes Boulevard and Cheltenham Parade intersection upgrade
- Fullarton Road Upgrade – Magill Road to Beulah Road
- Onkaparinga Valley Road / Woodside Road Roundabout
- Birkenhead Bridge
- Gawler East Link Road Project
- City Tram Extension
- Oaklands Crossing
- Flinders Link Project
- Railcar Depot Relocation
- Glengowrie Tram Depot Upgrade
- Stations Upgrade Program
- Adelaide Railway Station Refurbishment
- Seaford Rail Extension
- South Road Superway
- LeFevre Peninsula
- Thomas Foods International access
- Safety Upgrades on Eight Country Roads
- Stebonheath and Womma Roads Intersection Upgrade
- Stephen Terrace and Ninth Avenue
- Find your next job opportunity
- Bakewell Underpass
Transverse Line Marking - Cudlee Creek
New Line Marking to Improve Safety on Cudlee Creek Road at the Fox Creek Road Junction, Cudlee Creek
The Department of Infrastructure and Transport (DIT) is committed to reducing serious casualty crashes on South Australian roads under South Australia’s Road Safety Strategy 2020 – Towards Zero Together.
Cudlee Creek Road, at the Fox Creek Road junction, has a history of casualty crashes, as a result of vehicles turning right from Fox Creek Road into Cudlee Creek Road.
On a trial basis, with the objective of reducing the speed of westbound vehicles approaching the junction, DIT will install white transverse line markings on the carriageway. This aims to allow motorists on Cudlee Creek Road more time to react to any vehicle attempting to turn right from Fox Creek Road.
The transverse line markings will consist of a series of diagonal parallel painted lines extending from both sides of the travel lane for 1 metre towards the centre of the lane on a 60 degree angle. The lines will be painted on the Cudlee Creek Road westbound carriageway, commencing 150 metres before the Fox Creek Road junction and extending for 100 metres in length. Skid resistant paint will be used on these line markings.
The concept of transverse line markings originated in New Zealand, where research and trials on improving their effectiveness in reducing traffic speeds, is ongoing. This is the first trial in South Australia and it will be monitored to assess its effectiveness.
For real time road works visit: traffic.sa.gov.au
DIT thanks road users for their patience and understanding throughout this project.
Transverse Linemarking - Cudlee Creek Road Attachment (PDF - 50 KB)
To help safeguard the DIT project team and the community, we have implemented measures to manage the risks of, and our response to, contracting COVID-19.
These include but are not limited to, increased personal hygiene practices and limiting face-to-face contact.
The project team will provide construction updates and work notifications via social media, letterbox drops, emails and the Project website. We are also available to speak via telephone (1300 794 880).
There will be no planned community events or information sessions until further notice.