- State Aquatic Centre and GP Plus Health Care Centre
- Adelaide Crafers Highway
- Bakewell Underpass
- Gawler Rail Revitalisation
- Belair Line Renewal
- LeFevre Peninsula
- Mawson Connector
- Northern Expressway
- Port Adelaide Viaduct Upgrade
- Port River Expressway
- Sturt Highway Upgrade
- Tramline Extension - City West to Adelaide Entertainment Centre
- Tramline Extension - Victoria Square to City West
- Victor Harbor Road / Main South Road Junction
- Riverbank Bridge
- Bald Hills Road Interchange
- Humbug Scrub Roundabout
- Port Road, Queenstown bike lanes
- Penola Northern Bypass Project
- Lobethal Freight Access Upgrade
- Main South Road, Candy Road and Lander Road Intersection Upgrade
- Streets for People: Hart Street
- Regional Bridges Project
- Greenhill Road Median Safety Improvements
- Greenhill Road and Portrush Road intersection safety upgrade
- Main North Road Realignment via Anama Lane
- Park Tce/Fitzroy Tce/Torrens Rd Upgrade
- Findon Road Painted Median Scheme
- Transverse Line Marking - Cudlee Creek
- Marion Road Planning Study
- Blythewood Road Pedestrian Crossing and Painted Median Project
- Naracoorte Roundabout Upgrades
- O G Road and Turner Street Junction Upgrade
- Arthur Road
- Fosters Road Painted Median Scheme
- Main North Road/Dalkeith Road Intersection Upgrade
- Gawler Street Pedestrian Crossing, Nuriootpa
- O.G. Road and Payneham Road Junction Upgrade
- Signalisation of Bridge Road and Maxwell Road, Pooraka
- Regency Road and Churchill Road, Prospect, Intersection Upgrade
- North East Road and Sudholz Road Safety Improvements
- Main North Road Median Upgrade - George McCullum Road and Curtis Road
Findon Road Painted Median Scheme
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DIT) has improved safety for all road users along Findon Road and Rowells Road by installing a painted median scheme. The project has provided safer crossing points for pedestrians, separate traffic, provided sheltered right turn lanes into side roads and reduced the risk of rear end collisions.
Works along Findon and Rowells roads, between Crittenden Road and Henley Beach Road included:
- Installation of a painted median scheme, including right turn storage lanes
- Installation of a pedestrian refuge between Rawlings Avenue and Keele Place
- Installation of part-time and full-time bike lanes and some lighting upgrades
Parking times along Findon Road and Rowells Road have changed and some parking restrictions apply.
Note that in relation to painted islands, road users may drive on or over a single continuous line surrounding a painted island for up to 50 metres:
- to allow the required room to safely overtake people riding bicycles
- to enter or leave a road
- to enter a turning lane that begins at the end of the painted island
- to park in angle parking on the opposite side of the road.
However, you must give way to any vehicle that is in the turning lane or entering the turning lane from the marked lane or line of traffic immediately to the left of the turning lane.
For more information about painted medians click here.
This $260 000 project is funded by the Australian Government’s Black Spot Program.
Contact the project team at email@example.com or phone 1300 794 880 if you have any further questions about this project.