- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe with Check-In QR codes
The Asbestos Advisory Team are part of DIT Technical Services Section within the Transport Planning and Program Development Directorate. The Asbestos Advisory Team provide across-government advice on managing issues with asbestos containing material (ACM) in accordance with relevant State and Federal strategies and regulations.
The Asbestos Advisory Team provide advice on the following asbestos management issues:
- Site inspections/surveys
- Asbestos register and management plan development and updates
- Asbestos removal, including pre-demolition/pre-refurbishment intrusive surveys, air monitoring, clearance inspections and register updates. Refer to guide note below (November 2020) for information regarding update to process.
- Emergency asbestos incident management
- Risk Assessments
- Register of prequalified companies to undertake asbestos management services.
Asbestos Removal Fund (ARF)
The Asbestos Advisory Team administer the annual Asbestos Removal Fund (ARF). The provision of this fund is to assist in reducing or removing the continued legacy of asbestos and ACM in government buildings. Applications for funding generally open around February and close 30 April.
*Applications for funding is currently closed*
For details on what projects are eligible for funding, please refer to Asbestos Removal Fund Operating Guidelines.
For further details on the Asbestos Advisory Team, please contact the Asbestos Advisory Team at DIT.TSAsbestosServices@sa.gov.au or 08 8402 1716.
A Safety Alert issued in December 2020 for the risk of possible asbestos exposure when removing or disturbing glass and frames of windows issued by the Asbestos Advisory Team.
Changes to the services provided by the DIT Asbestos Advisory Team have been streamlined commencing from 1 January 2021. This guideline sets out the services provided by the DIT Asbestos Advisory Team and the process for Agencies.