- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
How do I access Cognos?
Access cognos by entering the following web addresses
internal DPTI customers
To fully utilise Cognos functionality, you will need a user licence. For more information contact your agency administrator.
What is Cognos ?
Cognos is an enterprise set of reporting products provided by IBM. It is the reporting tool within the SAMIS product suite. Cognos allows users to:
- Efficiently generate standard reports as per business needs;
- Easily develop ad-hoc reports to answer internal and external enquiries;
- Run reports aggregating data across multiple sites; and
- Access asset management and performance "data" for analysis and manipulation.
How does Cognos work?
Cognos is based on software developed by a company called IBM. The SAMIS project team has enhanced the software to meet the needs of the system's stakeholders. Using a standard web browser, cognos users are able to access standard reports or create and update versions of their own reports, that they have developed from scratch.
When a report is "run", cognos retrieves asset management and performance assessment information from port]e[co. Other information, such as financial summaries, can also be accessed to assist with further analysis (provided this information has been made available for periodic update).
It is the capability of SAMIS to allow for analysis of aggregated and diverse information that makes it a strategic system.
Who will use cognos ?
All users have access to port]e[co's standard reports that have been designed to meet the most common information requirements of each agency. However, not everyone needs to use cognos directly, it is of most value to people who are responsible for a number of sites and need to consolidate and analyse data across those sites. cognos can also be used by people who are tasked with finding answers to issues raised within stakeholder sites relating to built assets.
In order for people to produce their own reports, or do ad hoc queries, a "user license" for cognos will be required. Please refer to your Agency Administrator for more information on licensing.