Cycling infrastructure on arterial roads
The Arterial Road Bicycle Facilities Program provides $480,000 each year to install bicycle facilities on arterial roads.
Along with the State Black Spot funding, this program improves arterial roads for cycling by:
- installing safer and more convenient arterial road crossings along Greenway and Bicycle Boulevard routes
- increasing separation for existing bike lanes
- fixing cycling Black Spots and gaps in existing bike lanes
- painting new bike lanes
Projects are selected using several criteria:
- the number of reported bicycle crashes or crash risk factors including cyclist volumes, motor vehicle volumes and posted speed
- strategic value in the context of the cycling network
- feedback from requests and public consultation
- opportunities for improvements (recent development projects or road works for example)
For information about Arterial Road Bicycle Facilities Program, please contact:
Ph: 08 8204 8677
Feedback and suggestions for projects are welcome. The form has a character limit; to provide more information, use the email address above.