- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
Welcome to the South Coast’s new suburb - CHITON
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure in conjunction with Alexandrina Council and the Surveyor General are pleased to announce the new suburb of Chiton.
From Thursday 7 June 2018, the area bordered by Hayborough and Port Elliot will now be known as the suburb of Chiton.
Please note the postcode will remain 5211.
Have you just become a resident of Chiton?
If you live within the boundaries of the new suburb of Chiton, you may need to update some of your personal contacts. See our checklist below for suggested contacts.
Other location details such as council rates, Australia Post and emergency services will be updated by the State Government and your local council.
The naming of the new suburb Chiton will align residents and rate payers with their own community.
This will provide improved access for amenities such as post and emergency services, and a feeling of being better connected to Alexandrina Council.
Community consultation saw a vast majority of support for this change.
Chiton as a suburb will officially exist from Thursday 7 June 2018.
What do I have to do?
It is important that you update your address with any organisation that you have dealings with. The following list may help you with who to contact.
- Bank / Credit Union
- Financial Aid
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Home / Contents Insurance
- Phone / Internet service provider
- Other health care professionals
- Australian Electoral Commission
- Australian Tax Office
- Concession Cards
- Motor Vehicles
- Motor Registration
- Child Support Agency
- Seniors Card
- Veteran’s Affairs
- School, TAFE, University
- Security systems
- Internet subscriptions
- Mail Order catalogues
- Newspaper and magazine subscriptions
- Union affiliations
- Sporting clubs
- Loyalty programs and store cards (Fly Buys, Myer One, Woolworths, Coles etc.)
What will be done for me?
The Surveyor General through the Geographical Names Unit will update location and address details for the following organisations:
- Australia Post
- SA Police
- SA Ambulance
- Metropolitan Fire Service
- Country Fire Service
- Government suburb and post code database
- Land’s Title Office
- Location service providers
Alexandrina Council will update their database for rates and other council related correspondence.
Alexandrina Council can be contacted by:
phone (08) 8555 7000