- Career Opportunities
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media Wall
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Facilities Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Department for Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Circular 028
- DPTI Star Rates - July 2019
- New Whyalla Secondary School Industry Briefing
- DPTI Industry Briefing - 2019
- New WCH - Consultant Industry Briefing - PSC Services - November 2019
- Future Tender Program - November 2019
- Building Projects Infrastructure Delivery - Overview of Role - Nov 19
- Future Tender Program - June 2020
- Future Tender Program - 8 July 2020
- Future Tender Program - 13 August 2020
- Future Tender program - 18 September 2020
- Future Tender Program - November 2020
- Future Tender Program - December 2020
- Who We Are And What We Do
- Emergency Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials
- Strategic Asset Management (SAM)
- AGFMA Information Systems
- Client Services
- AGFMA News
- Online Forms
- Contact Us
- Technical Guide Notes
- Future AGFMA
- Strategic Asset Management Information System
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Office of Local Government
- Gateway Reviews
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- National Safe Work Month 2020
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
A Friday Note - 19 August 2016
The ‘green shoots’ of spring and summer are starting to appear. After four seasons in one week, it’s wonderful to see.
It was equally pleasing to be present at the opening of the Bald Hills interchange at Mount Barker. This project will make a real difference to local residents by reducing delays and improving road safety. Mayor Ann Ferguson referred to the completion of the project as a “dream come true”. Great work by local contractor Bardavcol with DPTI project management and supervision. The project includes the new roundabout at the northern end of Bald Hills Road and the Princes Highway, closer to Nairne, removing a crash black spot. This project will contribute to the growth of Mount Barker.
I was pleased this week to visit one of our Field Services’ depots where I heard about examples of our DPTI values in action. The team members were openly discussing new efforts in collaboration as well as in excellent customer service. It was also terrific to be part of a safety meeting where there was a lot of two way discussion about improving safety for everyone.
Still on safety, I want to acknowledge the sad loss of an apprentice on a home building project. Whilst not a commercial building project, it demonstrates the importance of safety on work sites and why we are striving as a department to make a difference.
Across our business areas, we continue to see injuries due to trips, slips, and falls. With a little more care, these should be avoidable so please remain vigilant.
I also want to promote the continued use of PPE such as safety glasses and gloves. You may think it inconvenient to wear these, but they do prevent injury.
Field Services has issued defibrillators to several construction and maintenance workgroups across the state. It’s in addition to those already assigned to our remote area workgroups, where a worker’s life was saved in 2014 after a heart attack.
I encourage everyone to check their annual leave balances and look at reducing these where they might exceed the annual allocation. It is important to achieve work life balance and enjoy the great outdoors! Executives will be paying more attention to this issue in coming months.
A big thank you to all of our staff involved in responding to yesterday’s weather-related outage on the Seaford and Tonsley lines, particularly the crews who managed to fix the problem and re-energise the line before the afternoon peak. Our customers come first and we appreciate the lengths our people go to in these challenging situations.
It is good to recognise the pioneering work of our Morgan Dockyard, in particular the new ‘stop-start’ technology saving fuel, curbing pollution and reducing wear and tear on motors on River Murray ferries. Chris Hobart has produced some excellent videos showcasing the team’s recent efforts, have a look at: Down the River and A Ferry Commissioning in Narrung
Electrical Assets staff are to be commended for their swift response to blacked-out traffic signals at the busy South Road/Sturt Road intersection on Monday – they used a generator to get them operating in time for the morning peak and had them back on mains power by 10am.
Well done to the Land Boundaries Section, with special thanks to Pam Walker, for their work on the Draft Redistribution Report of the Electoral Districts Boundaries Commission. It is a complex mapping exercise that is vital to our democratic system. Have a read here.
At the MBA Building Excellence Awards held last Friday, two DPTI managed projects won the following awards:
Excellence in a Commercial/Industrial Building over $100m
Lyell McEwin Hospital Redevelopment Stage C
Contractor – Hansen Yuncken Pty Ltd
Excellence in Work Health and Safety
Adelaide Railway Station Southern Façade Restoration
Contractor – Schiavello Construction (SA) Pty Ltd
DPTI’s youth networking platform, Youth Connect, is on the hunt for young employees in all areas of the department who are looking to develop their skills.
IN THE COMMUNITY
Our department has been recognised by the Red25 Australian Red Cross blood donation team as one of the top ten groups which have made the most donations at the Regent Arcade Donor Centre this year. Congratulations to all who’ve given blood to this vital program.
Our collection tins for the Hutt St Centre are still at security at both Grenfell St and Roma Mitchell House, please help those who are less fortunate.
Have a good weekend