Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
Applications have now closed.
Our Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program offers university students the exciting opportunity to do paid work placements with us over their summer break. This program is specifically designed to provide university students who are undertaking an undergraduate degree, with the practical experience to develop skills in their chosen discipline. With roles located across multiple disciplines, students get the real taste of Government operations.
The 2018-19 program is for a twelve week period from Monday 26 November 2018 to Friday 15 February 2019, excluding public holidays.
We encourage applications from students who are currently studying in one of the following disciplines:
- Architecture (Architecture Design and Studies, Landscape)
- Business (Property, Logistics/ Supply Chain, Public Policy, Procurement)
- Engineering (Civil, Electrical/ Electronics, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Structural)
- Information Technology (Computer Science/ Software Engineering, Business Intelligence, GIS)
- Graphic Design
- Human Resources
- Planning (Urban and Regional Planning)
- Science (Marine Science, Environmental)
What We Look For In a Candidate
We are looking for undergraduates with a diverse range of skills, knowledge and personal qualities, including:
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Research and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills, empathy and cultural awareness
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer literacy and understanding of discipline specific software and programs
- Good initiative and accountability
For more information, please click Vacation Student Role Statement
Our recruitment process is as follow:
- Apply online and complete the application form (you will be asked to provide responses to two assessed questions)
- Short Listing
- Panel Interview
- Reference Check
To be eligible for the Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program, you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have eligibility to work in Australia for the twelve week period
- be available for the entire 12 week period between 26 November 2018 to 15 February 2019
- be a second, third or fourth year student studying a relevant degree
How to Apply
Applications for the 2018-19 program are CLOSED!
Please also note that some roles may require a DCSI Child Related Employment Screening and/or Police Clearance. Applicants will be contacted should they be required to provide such clearances.
For all enquiries, please contact our Entry Level Recruitment Team at DPTI.Careers@sa.gov.au.
Would you like to subscribe to our entry level employment mailing list to hear about entry level employment opportunities, application opening dates and more? CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR ENTRY LEVEL PROGRAMS MAILING LIST