Our Internship Program welcomes university and tertiary students to undertake an unpaid industry placement as part of their tertiary education. This program provides students the opportunity to put theories into practice, develop specific skills and gain work experience in the fundamental aspects of a particular profession.
Multiple disciplines ranging from Engineering to Human Resources, ICT, Media, Project Management and Law are offered. This program is usually for 12 or 20 weeks in duration, depending on course requirements.
If you are looking for the opportunity to kick start your career and start networking in your industry, then apply now for an Internship at DPTI.
To be eligible for the Internship Program, you must:
- be a currently enrolled Tertiary/ University level student
- be undertaking the work placement as a requirement of your course of study
- be available during the agreed placement dates
- covered by your University or Tertiary Institutions Public Liability Insurance.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted throughout the year but placements are subject to availability. The department strives to find a placement for all applicants, however suitability for placements will be considered on a case-by-case basis, including, but not limited to the applicant’s areas of interest, and the capacity of the respective teams.
When you are applying:
- Please ensure that your application form is reviewed and signed by the authorised placement coordinator at your university/tertiary institution.
- Please attach your Resume and most current Academic Transcript along with the application form.
- Please allow at least three month’s notice prior to the requested internship dates.
All applications will be processed by the department’s Organisation Performance and Development team alongside the manager of the relevant work area.
For enquiries regarding your application or the process, please read the application form first and then if your question remains unanswered, please contact the Organisation Performance and Development team at email@example.com.
For enquiries about all other types of employment at DPTI, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to subscribe to our entry level employment mailing list to hear about entry level employment opportunities, application opening dates and more? CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR ENTRY LEVEL PROGRAMS MAILING LIST