*APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN*
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) employs outstanding graduates from a wide range of discipline areas to take part in our Graduate Program. This program offers graduates a comprehensive professional development program, challenging and rewarding work and an opportunity to help build South Australia’s future.
We are looking for graduates from a wide range of discipline areas, which includes:
- Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical)
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Business (Property)
- Business (Human Resource Management)
- Business (Information Strategy and Management)
Successful candidates will be placed in a Graduate Pool and may be appointed as opportunities arise. This pool will be open for a 12 month period. Most positions are located in the Adelaide CBD however there may be opportunities in both regional and metropolitan offices.
What We Look For In a Candidate
We are looking for bright and innovative graduates who demonstrate:
- high level of initiative
- effective verbal and written communication skills
- excellent teamwork skills
- strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- innovation and creative thinking
- analytical and problem solving skills
- a commitment to achieving outcomes which benefit the South Australian community
- a willingness to demonstrate DPTI’s values and commitment to safety
Please find the Role Statement here:
Our Graduate recruitment process is as follow:
- Online Application form
- Short Listing
- Reference Check
To be eligible for the Graduate Pool, you must:
- Have completed a minimum three year bachelor degree within the past three years (2016-2018) or will complete by end of July 2019 from a registered University, in a relevant career stream; and
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have a visa that allows you to work in Australia
How to Apply
*APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN*
Applications will be open from Monday 22 April 2019 and will close 5.00 pm Friday 3 May 2019.
No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.
To apply, you will the need the following documents:
- Signed Pre-Employment Declaration Form
- Cover letter
- Academic Transcript (official or most recent copy)
- A copy of current Visa (if applicable)
For all enquiries, please contact our Entry Level Recruitment Team at DPTI.email@example.com
What is the remuneration?
ASO2 - $53,815 to $58,003 per annum
PO1 - $63,019 to $76,961 per annum
What is the tenure of Vacancy?
Temporary appointment up to 12 months
What are the working hours?
Full-time employees are expected to work 37.5 a week, or 7.5 hours a day. The department however, offers a range of flexible working arrangements. You will be able to discuss the options that best suit you at the interview and/or offer stage.
What does it mean to have positions available within a pool?
DPTI will be filling some current vacancies, however, the department will also be creating a ‘pool’ of candidates who can be appointed over the next 12 months should vacancies become available.
Where are the positions located?
Graduate positions are offered in the Adelaide CBD and metropolitan area. From time to time graduate roles may also be offered in regional locations. If this is a requirement of the role you are being considered for, DPTI will discuss it with you at the interview and/or offer stage.