Motorists in the Fleurieu Peninsula, Riverland and Murray-Mallee regions will have a safer journey when a $2.8m project to upgrade key roads is complete.
Twenty-three sites and about 40 kilometres of regional roads have been identified for the resurfacing works, which began this week, making for a safer, smoother drive and also extending the life of these roads.
The road improvements will benefit local communities, commuters, businesses, farmers and tourists across these regions.
Works will be undertaken at the following locations:
- Callington to Goolwa Road, Woodchester Township for 900 metres
- Callington to Goolwa Road, approximately 2 kilometres south of Woodchester for 2 kilometres
- Noarlunga to Victor Harbor Road, northern approach to Mt Compass for 1.3 kilometres
- Noarlunga to Victor Harbor, approximately 2 kilometres south of Mt Compass for 1.2 kilometres
- Noarlunga to Cape Jervis, approximately 14 kilometres south of Normanville for 400 metres
- Noarlunga to Cape Jervis Road, approximately 1 kilometre south of Second Valley for 2.7 kilometres
- Sturt Highway, approximately 7 kilometres east of Truro for 700 metres
- Sturt Highway, approximately 3 kilometres east of Yamba for 800 metres
- Angaston to Loxton Road, approximately 10 kilometres east of Swan Reach for 2.5 kilometres
- Alawoona to Paruna Road, Paruna Township for 600 metres
- Loxton to Pinnaroo Road, approximately 33 kilometres south of Loxton for 2.2 kilometres
- Loxton to Murray Bridge Road, approximately 3 kilometres west of Wanbi for 5.8 kilometres
- Sedan to Sanderston Road, approximately 9 kilometres south of Cambrai for 1.6 kilometres
- Sanderston to Mannum Road, approximately 1 kilometre south of Sanderston for 2.6 kilometres
- South East Highway, Murray Bridge Bypass for 1.7km
- South East Highway, approximately 10 kilometres south of Murray Bridge for 1.1 kilometres
- South East Highway, approximately 14 kilometres south of Murray Bridge for 2.5 kilometres
- Mallee Highway, approximately 5 kilometres east of Tailem Bend for 1.2 kilometres
- Mallee Highway, approximately 10 kilometres east of Sherlock for 2.3 kilometres
- Mallee Highway, approximately 6 kilometres east of Parilla for 1.9 kilometres
- Pinnaroo to Bordertown Road, approximately 30 kilometres south of the Mallee Highway for 2.1 kilometres
- Pinnaroo to Bordertown Road, approximately 42 kilometres south of the Mallee Highway for 400 metres
- Princes Highway, approximately 28 kilometres south of Meningie for 3 kilometres.
Weather permitting, the works are expected to be complete by the end of April.