New Investment in metropolitan Adelaide
Adelaide is consistently rated as one of the world's most liveable cities. Our affordable and relaxed lifestyle is a major competitive advantage for the State. This helps generate employment that attracts young people to live and work in our vibrant city.
New investment map
This map corresponds with the investment summary table below. Click on the numbers to view information about individual investments.
|Built investments (DAC as planning authority)|
|Investment type||Type description||Total||Value|
|Constructed||projects that have been approved by IMDAC/PADAC that have completed construction||25||$1.32 billion|
|Under construction||projects that have been approved by IMDAC/PADAC that are currently under construction||25||$2.68 billion|
|Approved only (not yet in construction)||projects that have been approved by IMDAC/PADAC and are not yet in construction||43||$1.66 billion|
Updated 15 April 2016
Progressive reforms introduced since 2008 are reflected in recent Development Plan Amendments for Adelaide City and Inner Metropolitan Adelaide, and include:
- appointment of the Development Assessment Commission (DAC) as the relevant authority for certain developments*
- a statutory Government Architect referral and Design Review Panel (DRP) process through the Office for Design + Architecture South Australia (ODASA) for all significant developments*
- a pre-lodgement service to streamline assessment for certain developments*
- a small venue license in the Adelaide CBD
- a new case management service to streamline the approval of small licensed venues
- investment into Metropolitan Adelaide public realm and open space through allocation of money from the Planning and Development Fund
- implementation of Vibrant City place-making initiatives throughout Adelaide City
* Developments over $10 million in Adelaide City, developments over 4 storeys within an Urban Corridor Zone of an identified Inner Metropolitan Suburb or developments over $3 million within the Port Adelaide Regional Centre Zone of the City of Port Adelaide Enfield.
Please direct all inquiries to the Investment Team of the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure.
- Phone (08) 7109 7081
- Email email@example.com.