The Office of the Coordinator General in South Australia will progressively post to its website a statement showing the breakdown of funds expended on each project in the Building the Education Revolution (BER) programme.
The characteristics of the BER in South Australia are;
- Standard or ‘Reference’ designs have been provided wherever possible.
- Each school project or projects have been undertaken on a ‘Design and Construct’ basis by builders prequalified through the DPTI prequalification system.
- Non standard designs including refurbishments have been approved by the Commonwealth Government in specific circumstances such as site restrictions, heritage considerations or where adding to existing accommodation was not appropriate.
- Wherever possible, local builders have been allocated to schools.
- The programme has been procured through the DPTI Building Management group and the associated costs have been provided from a separate allocation of administrative funds provided for that purpose by the Commonwealth Government.
- The costs of standard documentation, site investigation, geotechnical reports etc have been totalled and charged to schools on a percentage basis. That charge has been calculated at 1.75% where standard buildings are provided and 2.5% for non standard buildings.
- Builders and their design teams have been required to work directly with the school to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Unless otherwise agreed with the school at least 99% of funds allocated to a school by the Commonwealth Government has been spent on works at that school. To deal with unavoidable additional costs at some schools due to location and siting issues, the balance (1%) contributes to a Programme Contingency to cover such costs. When all costs have been determined, remaining funds will be distributed to the schools concerned.
Explanation of Terms used in the Completed Project Summary
The amount exclusive of GST allocated by the Commonwealth Government to the school.
A more detailed description of the works and any notable or challenging aspects of the project.
Project 1/Project 2
The actual projects approved by the Commonwealth Government.
Above Floor Slab Component
The cost of building work on Standard buildings above the floor slab.
Floor Slab and Below Component
The cost of the floor slab and under slab works on Standard buildings.
Broader Site Works
Site works unique to the site including necessary demolition, bulk excavation, connection to and upgrading of existing services, retaining walls, ramps, fire protection, paving, car parking and access roads.
Total Construction Costs
The total amount paid to the building contractor(s) for construction works.
Furniture, Fittings and Equipment (FFE)
The amount paid directly to the school for the purchase of FFE associated with the construction works. This amount varies between schools depending on the nature of the facilities provided and the total makeup of the expenditure at each school.
Project Establishment Costs
Costs incurred prior to the commencement of construction by DPTI Building Management for site investigation, site reports, geo-technical studies, preliminary design, documentation of Standard Designs, cost planning services, project records management and project insurance. The total actual costs for these activities has been determined and a charge of 1.75% for projects involving Standard buildings and 2.5% for Non Standard buildings has been made for ease of administration and for equity across the Programme.
Additional FF&E Payment To Be Made To School
Where unspent project funds exceed 1% of the allocation, the balance shown will be paid to the school for additional FF&E.
Total Project Expenditure
The total amount spent on this project.
Total Project Budget
The total amount allocated for this project exclusive of GST.
Amount to or from Programme Contingency
Where applicable, an amount up to 1% of the Total Project Budget has been transferred to the Programme Contingency. This contingency has been used to allocate additional funds to schools to address unavoidable site specific issues. When all costs have been determined, all remaining funds will be distributed to the schools concerned.
No results were found
No results were found