Office of the Coordinator-General
State Coordinator-General to drive investment, cut red tape and create jobs
What is the role of the State Coordinator-General?
The Government has expanded the role of the Coordinator-General to help stimulate the South Australian economy. The Coordinator-General, Mr James Hallion, has taken on a new private sector development coordination role to assist proposals with an investment value of over $3 million of economic significance.
The Coordinator-General role is supported by the following changes:
- Changes to the Development Regulations 2008 to enable the Coordinator-General to assign the Development Assessment Commission (DAC) as the planning authority for certain proposals over $3 million.
- Expansion of the DPTI Case Management Service to assist proponents in navigating the planning and development system.
- Establishment of a cross government Task Force that includes senior decision makers from key land use agencies. The Task Force will be used to address any blockages that may be occurring with State Government agencies.
What proposals are eligible?
The Coordinator-General will offer case management to all investment proposals with a construction value of $3 million and above. Some proposals may also be ‘called-in’ for assessment by the Development Assessment Commission where the following requirements are met:
- The proposal exceeds $3 million in value; and
- The Coordinator-General determines that the development is of economic significance to the state, or would be best assessed under a scheme established by the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (Department).
How many proposals have been referred to the Coordinator-General?
Guidelines for the assessment of Unsolicited Proposals have been developed to assist businesses and not-for-profit organisations with proposals that have not been formally requested by government.
Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure
Level 6, Roma Mitchell House
136 North Terrace, Adelaide
Call: (08) 7109 7081
Department of the Premier and Cabinet
131 Grenfell Street, Adelaide
Call: (08) 8303 2080
- Form - Application form for a proposal to be considered by the State Coordinator-General
- Fact Sheet - Role of the State Coordinator-General for investments over $3 million (PDF)
- Fact Sheet - Applications to the State Coordinator-General for investments over $3 million (PDF)
- Checklist - Information required for lodgement with DAC (PDF)
- Flow Chart - Coordinator-General process (PDF)