Undergraduate vacation employment program
The department offers exciting paid work placements for tertiary students over their summer break through its Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program.
This program is specifically designed to provide tertiary students, who are undertaking an undergraduate degree, with the practical experience to develop skills in their chosen discipline.
Applications for the 2015/16 program are now open until 2 October 2015.
Students who are currently studying in one of the following disciplines are encouraged to consider a placement with the Department:
- Engineering (civil, structural, transport, electrical/communications, general)
- Mathematics (science/modelling)
- Construction Management (surveyor/architect)
- Information management
- Environmental Science
- IT/Service delivery.
NOTE: On occasion, opportunities may exist for further employment.
To apply for the program please submit the following:
- Application Form
- Employment Declaration
- Covering letter
- Academic Transcript
- Copy of working VISA (if applicable)
- Confirmation of Aboriginality or Torres Strait Islander Descent (if applicable)
To the following address: