Focus teachers are essential to the success of Way2Go in each school. Their role includes:
- assisting in the development and implementation of the School Travel Plan
- accessing specific online aspects of the Way2Go program
- ordering and distributing the brochure, Way2Go Information for families, to the school community
- coordinating and submitting orders for Way2Go Home info to support the teaching and learning program in the school
- if required, organising loan of associated resources e.g. traffic lights.
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure's Way2Go team provides:
- training and development
- Temporary Relieving Teacher (TRT) funding for focus teachers to attend training sessions during school hours
- opportunities for networking with other local schools participating in the program
- ongoing email and phone support.
For more information, email DPTI's Way2Go team.